Today is the first day of the International Sign Expo in Orlando, FL. The Expo runs through Saturday April 10th, and Thermwood is exhibiting our SignRouter 43 with i-cut on hand, machining sign materials ranging from acrylic to a wide variety of substrates, as well as a few surprises!
Plan to stop by Booth #2680 to see us in action and pick up a souvenier for yourself.
Here is a pic of the action at our booth.
Please check our Twitter Account for ongoing uploads from the show.
Thermwood will be exhibiting at the International Sign Expo 2010, held April 8th-10th in Orlando, Florida.
International Sign Expo 2010
Orange County Convention Center
We will have a SignRouter 43 with i-cut on hand, machining sign materials ranging from acrylic to a wide variety of substrates, as well as a few surprises!
Plan to stop by Booth #2680 to see us in action and pick up a souvenier for yourself.
SignRouter 43 Information:
The SR43 is capable of machining flat and three-dimensional signs using wood, aluminum, composites, chip core, rigid foam, plastics, acrylic, non-ferrous metals and other various types of materials as well as operating as a traditional sign-making machine using optional i-cut Vision camera and software (these highly capable systems accurately trim printed signs, automatically compensating for distortion or rotation in the printed image).
Impact Resistant Head - A positive locating joint between the axis 5 arm and the rest of the machine. Decreases the amount of force applied to the head in the event of a collision, diminishes the need for realignment and reduces fixture and spindle damage.
Thermwood Continuous C-Axis Rotation with Impact Resistant Head on Model 67 - Video Demonstration
For the first time offered together, the Thermwood Continuous C-Axis Rotation and Impact Resistant Head. The Continuous C-Axis allows the machine to perform complex motions that require multiple rotations of the C-Axis, and then quickly return to home. With the Impact Resistant Head, the machine stays in tram even after a crash of the head.
In the Woodworking industry, laser scanners and touch probes have been used for some time for digitizing objects, but due to severe technical or practical limitations, neither has seen significant use in the market. Software and CNC machine technology already exist to take advantage of 3D digital models, so digitizing has been the weak link in the process. The recent introduction of the FastSCAN to the woodworking market has changed that, and allows woodworkers to leverage digital technology to increase their productivity and get more return on their CNC investment. Click HERE for the full article.
This is a news broadcast of medical technology making orthotics and prosthetics for military soldiers. A 3d laser is used to scan the soldier's foot or other parts of their body and is rendered in software. It is then taken to a Thermwood Model 67, five axis machine, and machined to the custom shape.
Carson City, NV: Classic Dash has announced a new molded ABS composite dash panel in three finishes for GM G-body cars, rear-wheel drive iterations that were produced from late '78 until early 1988. These cars include the Buick Regal/Grand National/GNX, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, El Camino, Malibu, GMC Caballero, Oldsmobile Cutlass, Pontiac Gran Prix and Grand Le Mans and Bonneville.
In keeping with all the company's previous offerings, the G-Body panel is clean and stylish. Lightweight and exceedingly rigid ABS plastic sheets are vacuum-formed at 320 degrees Fahrenheit and the material is impregnated with a UV inhibiter that protects it from sun damage. Accuracy is the key. A Thermwood 5-axis CNC high-speed router consistently trims the dash panels to within 0.005-inch.
The Classic Dash panel is available in carbon fiber, brushed aluminum, or black finishes. All panels are offered in two forms: with or without gauge openings, and with or without gauges. Gauge selection includes several variations from Auto Meter and Classic Instruments. Auto Meter kits include wiring harness from gauges to factory loom, LED turn signal indicators, and high-beam and emergency brake light indicators.
Classic Dash was formed in 2002 and was the first company to create replacement ABS composite dash panels for vehicles of the muscle car era. Their new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is located in Carson City, Nevada. Its website has a new make-over with easy navigation and access to ordering. Staff members can easily answer any technical questions you may have and same-day shipping is available on orders received before 3PM, PST. Classic Dash instrument panels complete with gauges are priced from $849.95
For further information contact:
Classic Dash, 5225 Grumman Drive, Suite 100,
Carson City, NV 89706
Telephone (866) 882-3525
Royce//Ayr manufactures and distributes premium quality cutting tools for wood, composite, plastic, rubber and steel cutting applications for cnc routers and other machinery. Royce//Ayr makes it easy to determine Feed Rates, Knife marks per inch & Chipload per tooth. View the recommended values in the charts located here and use the calculator to determine approximate settings for your machinery. The calculation results should serve as a starting point to determine optimum feed speeds and RPM for your machinery.
Care and Storage
- Store the sheets flat on a level surface, as the polymer can cold flow.
- Keep away from teak oil and other products that can stain the finish.
- Use china markers or water-based markers to draw patterns. Do not use pencil, as it will permanently mark the material. Pen marks can usually be removed with household cleaners.
- Provide structural support every 16-18 inches (typical spacing for 3/4").
- Keep away from heat sources that exceed 180 degrees F.
- Test applications for unforeseen complications, such as expansion/contraction issues (note: different colors react differently to heat). King StarBoard® contracts and expands at a rate of 6x10-5 in./degree F, changing approximately 1/32 inch for every foot of length or width over a 40-degree temperature range.
- Use King StarBoard®XL or King StarLite®XL only in places where a finished edge is not important.
- Use King StarBoard®AS for walking surfaces (or rout a non-skid pattern into KingStarBoard material).
- Because there is no grain, parts can be cut from any area of the sheet. Save the scraps for small parts, shims, spacers and plugs.
- Remnants may be eligible for recycling. Contact your distributor or King Plastic Corporation for details.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- King StarBoard sheets are made to maintain their color and finish for the lifetime of the boat. Only routine cleaning or pressure washing with common detergents is required.
- Nylon scrub pads and brushes should be used with care because excessive force can mar the finish.
- For resistant stains, apply bleach and allow it to soak in.
- Use citrus cleaner, alcohol or mineral spirits to remove grease or oil stains.
- Automotive silicone spray products or household furniture polish can help to hide scratches in the surface. To prevent slipping, do not use these products on walking surfaces.
Fabrication and Finishing
- Use standard woodworking tools: table saws, table routers, drills, blades and bits. Carbide router bits with two to four flutes are recommended.
- With a 1/2" diameter router bit, feed rates of 12-16 feet per minute are normal. Rates must be slower for material that is 1/2" thick or thicker. Larger bits have higher tip speeds and RPM adjustments may be necessary.
- Cut with a circular saw at 1275 RPM using a 50-70-tooth carbide blade. Expect a feed rate of 12-16 feet per minute.
- No surface finishing is required. King StarBoard, King StarBoard XL and King StarLite XL come with a textured matte finish on both sides. King StarBoard AS comes with a non-skid dot pattern finish on one side and a matte finish on the reverse.
- Edges may be finished with a router. Sanding may be used, but a very fine sandpaper is required to avoid creating small, hard-to-clean scratches.
- Because King StarBoard sheet products are designed to resist water and grime, they cannot be painted and the use of adhesives is not recommended. If gluing is absolutely necessary, products such as 3M's Scotch-Weld DP-8005 and Lord Corporation's 7540-AB have been used with some success. Special welding rods, designed for use with polymer sheets, are also available.
- Use standard fasteners with oversized holes. Drill pilot holes first, followed by an oversized hole to allow for expansion and contraction. Use press-in threaded inserts for applications where repetitive motion is expected, such as a door hinge.
- Mild heat applied with a heat gun will help mold the sheets for curved installations. Sharper corners must be notched and then heat-shaped.
- Hide fasteners with plugs made from King StarBoard using a standard wood-plug cutter. Make the plug slightly larger than the hole for a press fit.
The Ultimate Marine Building MaterialTM
King Plastic Corporation Limit of Warranty is your money refunded or defective material replaced. All statements, information and data given herein are believed to be accurate and reliable, but are presented without guarantee, warranty, or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied. Statements or suggestions concerning possible use of our products are made without representation or warranty that any such use is free of patent infringement and are not recommendations to infringe any patent. The user should not assume that all safety measures are indicated, or that other measures may not be required.
King Plastic Corporation
1100 N. Toledo Blade Blvd., North Port, FL 34288 USA
TEL: (941) 493-5502 FAX: (941) 497-3274
eCabinet Systems version 6.0 Build 1 is now available. This latest version of eCabinet Systems is available as a download only. No disc is required. It is a full install. It will either update your existing version of eCabinet Systems or complete a full install.
To obtain this version, click on the link below. Save this file to your computer then double click it to run.
NOTE: Fresh installations (not upgrades) do NOT include pull, wood product, or lazy susan store entries. So to have access to these 3D objects you must download and install them from the following links. If this installer is used on a pc that already contains eCabinet Systems then the 3D files are already on your pc and these downloads are not needed.
Features available in version 6.0 Build 1:
- Full install downloadable. No disk is required.
- Vista & Windows 7 compatible
- Windows 64 bit compatible
- Ability to save Cabinets and Assemblies in a location other than that specified by the installation.
- Improved cabinet construction and Part Editor operation recognition. Problems in previous versions where Part Editor cuts can not hit a construction operation should not exist any longer.
- Ability to add hardware components. This means that the old Members Store is completely removed. The only items that are kept from the old store are those with 3d objects. These components are pulls, wood components, lazy susan & moldings. (To obtain these components on a fresh installation you will need to download them with the links provided above. NOTE: Moldings are already included in the install.) An additional field has been added for Distributors. If you load a job, cabinet or assembly that has a component from the old store you will be asked to add or alter this component with a New Hardware dialog. NOTE: Moldings can not be added or manipulated in this version.
- Item Window for quick access to cabinets,assemblies,doors,drawers,display items for the Room and Cabinet Editor. This supports dual screen systems as well.
- Drawer Box parts can be modified in the Part Editor and Constraint Manager
- Stretchers from the Stretcher Editor can be modified in the Part Editor and Constraint Manager
- A new buy list is available in the Item Window. There is one for the entire job and one for a single cabinet. This buy list can be exported for a means to create a purchase order.
- Export/Import in CSV format for hardware items. This offers a quick means for altering pricing on all your components in Excel.
- CNC Output immediately creates twd for current job. The batching jobs CNC Output is now only available when there are no items in the room or batch area.
- Ability to Nest the items in the Cabinet Editor by clicking Nested Output when in Cabinet Editor
If downloading the install is not an option, an install cd may be purchased online HERE
The fee for the installation cd will be $30.00 (Shipping Not Included)